Why GIGA Material Challenge?
- Discover the full potential of building materials.
- Experiment with the most innovative Green products.
- Collaborate with colleagues to compete, learn and have fun.
- Meet likeminded industry professionals.
- Win Prizes
How to compete?
1. Task is designed by material brands and GIGA, 4 tasks in total, each team has 30 minutes to finish it. Tools will be provided.
2. 24 Designer teams will be invited, each team has 4 members. Each team completes participating Brand's Tasks one at a time.
3. The highest score for each task is 100. The team with highest total score wins the GIGA Material Challenge.
4. Grand prize is apple watch. Second and Third place prize are Parrot MiniDrone and Air purifier for vehicle. Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
5. Tasks and scoring criteria will be given on the day of the event.
How to register
1. Sign up in teams of Four. If your team has less than four, GIGA will assign other people to fill up the team.
2. Audience: Interior Designers, Architects, Develers, Builders, etc. Both Individuals and companies are welcome to join.
3. Oneline registration is required: www.gigabase.org/mc
4. Cost: Free
Space is limited, first come, first served.
Date: Sunday, 12:00-17:00, April 16th, 2016. Sign-up starts at 12:00.
Address: Building F1, OCT-LOFT, Shenzhen, Jucheng Art 聚城艺术
Metro Directions: Metro Line Luobao, HuaqiaoCheng Station, Exit A.
Cost: Free. Both individual and company are welcomed to join
Food and drinks provided throughout the event.
Win Extra Points
Your team can earn bonus points by:
1. Earn 2 bonus points if all team members wear matching outfits with a unifying theme. Innovative outfits will be earn extra 1 point.
2. Earn 2 bonus points if your team is comprised entirely of designers, engineers, specifiers and librarians, or project managers, who from the same company. Please prepare your Name cards, they’re required to qualify for this item.
3. Earn 1 bonus points to your team if you publish this event into your wechat moments (微信朋友圈) before April 14th. 4 points maximum. Screenshot need to verify to qualify this item.
Quick Lunch will be provide during 11:00-12:30
12:00-12:30 Designers sign up (Please come on time, we will assign team number then)
12:30- 13:30 Welcome address & Task introduction
13:30-14:00: Material Challenge Round 1
14:10-14:40: Material Challenge Round 2
14:50-15:20: Material Challenge Round 3
15:30-16:00: Material Challenge Round 4
Partial tasks have released, see this link:
Photos of past events：
Video of past events：
- June 21, 2014, Shanghai：http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzMxODk2MTk2.html
GIGA & GIGA Material Challenge
GIGA is a building and material think tank with locations in Shanghai, Beijing and Montreal. One of GIGA's aims is to research cutting-edge materials and highlight innovative products. We introduced GIGA Material Challenge as a way for designers and architects to experiment with materials in the truest sense; with "hands on" activities. Custom designed by suppliers, Material Challenges are fun, showing the unique properties and features of materials and build designers’ expertise.
Green Initiatives is a nonprofit organization that promotes awareness, facilitates actions, implements projects, and stimulates change toward sustainable models of growth and consumption. Since 2009 they have organised over 200 sustainability-education focused events and activities that have been attended by over 10,000 professionals and students. More recently, GI has also launched a Shanghai-wide clothing recycling project that has collected over 8000kg of used items for recycling in the first year of its operation.
edg (China) Corporation Ltd. was set up in China mainland in 1994. edg has focused on interior decoration, including interior design, construction, customized furniture and MEP installation. edg has filled its ranks with design and construction professionals from Hong Kong , the United States , Europe , Taiwan and China to build a world class team to provide professional service to our clients. edg is specialized in the interior design and construction of corporate offices, commercial spaces, boutiques, financial facilities and medical facilities. Edg has the capability of bringing the most suitable design and most current building methodologies and technologies to each project based on its rich experience in international design and construction.edg is devoted to enhancing the value between human and special environments and to be a first-class enterprise bringing new standards to the industry.