GIGA Material Challenge comes to Beijing again, come join us!
The event will be located in 798 ArtDist, a place of creativity and innovation. We hope this place will help to inspire you!
We introduced GIGA Material Challenge as a way for designers and architects to experiment with materials in the truest sense; with "hands on" activities. Custom designed by suppliers, Material Challenges are fun, showing the unique properties and features of materials and build designers’ expertise.
Why GIGA Material Challenge?
- Discover the full potential of building materials.
- Experiment with the most innovative Green products.
- Collaborate with colleagues to compete, learn and have fun.
- Meet likeminded industry professionals.
- Win Prizes
How to compete?
1. Task is designed by material brands and GIGA, 4 tasks in total, each team has 30 minutes to finish it. Tools will be provided.
2. 24 Designer teams will be invited, each team has 4 members. Each team completes participating Brand's Tasks one at a time.
3. The highest score for each task is 100. The team with highest total score wins the GIGA Material Challenge.
4. Grand prize is apple watch. Second and Third place prize are Parrot MiniDrone and Air purifier for vehicle. Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
5. Tasks and scoring criteria will be given on the day of the event.
How to register
1. Sign up in teams of Four. It is ok if your team has less than four, GIGA will assign other people to fill up the team.
2. Audience: Interior Designers, Architects, Developers, Builders, etc. Both Individuals and companies are welcome to join.
3. Cost: Free
4. Online registration: www.gigabase.org/mc
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, company name, and your phone number.
Space is limited, first come, first served.
Date: Saturday, 12:00-17:00, July 16th, 2016. Sign-up starts at 12:00. Lunch will be provide at 11:30.
Address: Yang. Art Center, Ceramic 3rd Street of 798 ArtDist, Beijing
Cost: Free. Both individual and company are welcomed to join
Food and drinks provided throughout the event.
Win Extra Points
Your team can earn bonus points by:
1. Earn 2 bonus points if all team members wear matching outfits with a unifying theme. Innovative outfits will be earn extra 1 point.
2. Earn 1 bonus point if your team contains project manager, senior designers, etc. Please prepare your Name cards, it’s required to qualify for this item.
3. Earn 2 bonus points if your team is comprised entirely of designers, engineers, specifiers and librarians, or project managers, who from the same company. Please prepare your Name cards, they’re required to qualify for this item.
4. Earn 0.5 bonus points to your team if you publish this event into your wechat moments (微信朋友圈) before July 14th. 2 points maximum. Screenshot need to verify to qualify this item.
Lunch will be provide during 11:30-12:30
12:00-12:30 Designers sign up (Please come on time, we will assign team number then)
12:30- 13:30 Welcome address & Task introduction
13:30-14:00: Material Challenge Round 1
14:10-14:40: Material Challenge Round 2
14:50-15:20: Material Challenge Round 3
15:30-16:00: Material Challenge Round 4
16:30: Awarding & Review