GIGA Material Challenge is organized by GIGA, an international organization that combines cloud software (MATTER & ORIGIN), building material research and healthy building standards (RESET). GIGA Material Challenge launched in 2013 and has been held across China. The 2017 GIGA Material Challenge will offer participants opportunities to experiment with cutting-edge and innovative materials thru the lens of healthy IEQ. A Knowledge Session will also provide actionable content for participants looking to incorporate healthy design and specification strategies into their projects.
How to register
1. Sign up in teams of Four. It is ok if your team has less than four, GIGA will assign other people to fill up the team.
2. Audience: Interior Designers, Architects, Developers, Builders, HVAC engineer, etc. Both Individuals and companies are welcome to join.
3. Online registration: www.gigabase.org/mc
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, company name, and your phone number.
Space is limited, first come, first served.
Date: Saturday, 10:00-17:30, May 20th, 2017. Sign-up starts at 10:00.
Address: 2nd Floor, Multipal Function Room, EPH (E Peng Hui, E朋汇), No.627 Jiangpulu, Yangpu District, Shanghai
Cost: Free. Both individual and company are welcomed to join
Food and drinks provided throughout the event.
10:00-10:30 Designer sign up (Please come on time, we will assign team number then)
10:30-12:30 Knowledge Session of healthy IEQ
12:30-13:30 Lunch & Networking
13:30-16:30 Hands on Session
17:00-17:30 Awarding & Review
How to compete?
1. 2017 GIGA Material Challenge includes a Knowledge Session (20 points) and Hands-on Session (100 points).
2. Hands-on task is designed by material brands and GIGA, 5 tasks in total, each team has 30 minutes to finish it. Tools will be provided.
3. 20 Designer teams will be invited, each team has 4 members. Each team completes participating Brand's Tasks one at a time.
4. Prizes will be awarded to teams with highest total score. Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
5. Tasks and scoring criteria will be given on the day of the event.
Win Extra Points
Your team can earn bonus points by:
1. Earn 2 bonus points if all team members wear matching outfits with a unifying theme.
2. Earn 2 bonus points if your team is comprised entirely of designers, engineers, specifiers and librarians, or project managers, who from the same company. Please prepare your Name cards, they’re required to qualify for this item.
3. Earn 0.5 bonus points to your team if you publish this event into your wechat moments (微信朋友圈) before 20th May. 2 points maximum. Screenshot need to verify to qualify this item.
You can scan followed QRcode to get event info:
4. Earn 0.5 bonus points to your team if you are member of ‘GIGA Material Challenge Group’ of wechat, 2 points maximum.
First Prize: Orkan MA-1, 15,800 RMB valued, Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
Second Prize: Philips Hue Go China, 699 RMB valued, Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
Third Prize: Philips Hue LS+ China strip plus, 588 RMB valued, Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
Photos of past events：
Video of past events：
- June 21, 2014, Shanghai：http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzMxODk2MTk2.html
Participating Material Brand:
Not only are the world’s architects and designer our partners, they’re our inspiration.
Philips Lighting: Light Beyond Illumination
Happy @ Work
New Design, New Space, New Life
Air quality monitoring specialist
Above photo: IBR Green Wall
Above photo: East plaza
Above photo: main entrance