GIGA Material Challenge 2017 Beijing Session: 16th September
- Start Date
- September 16th, 2017 10:30
- End Date
- September 16th, 2017 17:00
- 8F Tower A, Dongyi International Media Industrial Park, ChaoYang District Beijing (opposite Zitan Dasha)
- Material Challenge
GIGA Material Challenge comes to Beijing again. Come join us!
GIGA Material Challenge launched in 2013 and has been held across China. We introduced GIGA Material Challenge as a way for designers and architects to experiment with materials in the truest sense, with "hands on" activities. Custom designed by suppliers, Material Challenges are fun, showing the unique properties and features of materials and build designers’ expertise.
How to register
1. Sign up in teams of Four. It is ok if your team has less than four, GIGA will assign other people to fill up the team.
2. Audience: Interior Designers, Architects, Developers, Builders, HVAC engineer, etc. Both Individuals and companies are welcome to join.
3. Online registration: www.gigabase.org/mc
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, company name, professional tile your phone number, and your team member info (if applicable).
Space is limited, first come, first served.
Date: Saturday, 10:30-17:00, 16th September, 2017. Sign-up starts at 10:30.
Address: 8F Tower A, Dongyi International Media Industrial Park, ChaoYang District Beijing (opposite Red Sandalwood Plaza)
Special thanks to Skybo for providing food and drinks.
10:30-11:00 Designer sign up (Please come on time, we will assign team number then)
11:00-11:30 Welcome address
11:30-12:00 Material Challenge Round 1
12:00-13:30 Lunch & Networking
13:30-14:00 Material Challenge Round 2
14:10-14:40 Material Challenge Round 3
14:50-15:20 Material Challenge Round 4
16:00 Awarding & Review
How to compete?
1. Task is designed by material brands and GIGA, 4 tasks in total, each team has 30 minutes to finish it. The highest score for each task is 100. Tools and materials will be provided.
2. 24 Designer teams will be invited, each team has 4 members. Each team completes participating Brand's Tasks one at a time.
3. The team with highest total score wins the GIGA Material Challenge (Top three). Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
4. Tasks and scoring criteria will be given on the day of the event.
Win Extra Points
Your team can earn bonus points by:
1. Earn 2 bonus points if all team members wear matching outfits with a unifying theme.
2. Earn 2 bonus points if your team is comprised entirely of designers, engineers, specifiers and librarians, or project managers, who from the same company. Please prepare your Name cards, they’re required to qualify for this item.
3. Earn 0.5 bonus points to your team if you publish this event into your wechat moments (微信朋友圈) before 16th September, 2 points maximum. Screenshot need to verify to qualify this item.
You can scan followed QRcode to get event info:
First Prize: Airburg Fresh Air Purifier
Second Prize: 1-Night Stay at Wozhai Exquisite Courtyard House, Beijing
Third Prize: mi band 2
Photos of past events：
Video of past events：
- June 21, 2014, Shanghai：http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzMxODk2MTk2.html
Participating Material Brand:
The leader of Global Writing Wall
Not only are the world’s architects and designer our partners, they’re our inspiration.
Skybo is dedicated to providing healthy, intelligent, inspiring and durable solutions for our clients work and public spaces.
We make more than just surfaces. Wilsonart always maintain strong communication and exchange between designers and customers.
Skybo Furniture Showroom
Skybo is dedicated to providing healthy, intelligent, inspiring and durable solutions for our clients work and public spaces. Our furniture experts provide businesses with the full range of furnishing and office systems, offering professional consultation and installation, user training, care and maintenance support.
Skybo is proud to be an authorised Vitra supplier for clients in Beijing. Skybo is also the exclusive China supplier of the Skybo range of European-designed-made-in-China furniture. The Vitra and Skybo product ranges provide for the full spectrum of client requirements, timelines and budgets.
The spacious Skybo showroom is located in the Dongyi International Media Industry Park, 15 minutes away from Beijing’s CBD area.
Above: Entrance of the showroom
Above: View from inside of the showroom
Special Thanks to: