GIGA Material Challenge first time comes to Chengdu. Come join us!
GIGA Material Challenge launched in 2013 and has been held across China. We introduced GIGA Material Challenge as a way for designers and architects to experiment with materials in the truest sense, with "hands on" activities. Custom designed by suppliers, Material Challenges are fun, showing the unique properties and features of materials and build designers’ expertise.
How to register
1. Sign up in teams of Four. It is ok if your team has less than four, GIGA will assign other people to fill up the team.
2. Audience: Interior Designers, Architects, Developers, Builders, HVAC engineer, etc. Both Individuals and companies are welcome to join.
3. Download the registration form here: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1gfGNOEv
Scan the QRcode below to finish registration
Space is limited, first come, first served.
Date: Saturday, 10:00-17:00, 4th November, 2017, Sign-up starts at 10:00.
Address: Hall 2, Normalizing Arts Center, Fanmate Creative Art Area, No. 666, Donghong Rd, Chengdu
Food and drinks provided throughout the event.
10:00-10:30 Designer sign up
10:30-11:00 Welcome address
11:00-11:30 Material Challenge Round 1
11:40-12:10 Material Challenge Round 2
12:10-14:10 Lunch & Learning Time
14:10-14:40 Material Challenge Round 3
14:50-15:20 Material Challenge Round 4
15:30-16:00 Material Challenge Round 5
16:30 Awarding & Review
How to compete?
1. Task is designed by material brands and GIGA, 4 tasks in total, each team has 30 minutes to finish it. The highest score for each task is 100. Tools will be provided.
2. 20 Designer teams will be invited, each team has 4 members. Each team completes participating Brand's Tasks one at a time.
3. The team with highest total score wins the GIGA Material Challenge (Top three). Each member of the winning teams will win prizes.
4. Tasks and scoring criteria will be given on the day of the event.
Win Extra Points
Your team can earn bonus points by:
1. Earn 2 bonus points if all team members wear matching outfits with a unifying theme.
2. Earn 2 bonus points if your team is comprised entirely of designers, engineers, specifiers and librarians, or project managers, who from the same company. Please prepare your Name cards, they’re required to qualify for this item.
3. Earn 0.5 bonus points to your team if you publish this event into your wechat moments (微信朋友圈) before 4th November, 2 points maximum. Screenshot need to verify to qualify this item.
You can scan followed QRcode to get event info:
Prize (Each member of the winning teams win prizes)
First Prize: Airburg Fresh Air Purifier
Second Prize: Starbucks Gift Card (500RMB)
Third Prize: mi band 2
Photos of past events：
Video of past events：
- June 21, 2014, Shanghai：http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzMxODk2MTk2.html
Participating Material Brand:
Happy @ Work
New Design, New Space, New Life
Experts of GreenCircle certificated solution-dyed fiber.
Not only are the world’s architects and designer our partners, they’re our inspiration.
Philips Lighting: Light Beyond Illumination.
Air quality monitoring specialist.
梵木创艺区位于成都市东洪路666号，是以打造创意产业、工业设计公共服务平台为核心的大型公共文化项目。园区总占地面积172亩，建筑面积70000㎡。园区临近三环成渝立交，距成都东客站约1 公里路程，毗邻地铁2 号线成渝立交站约200 米，距离市中心约15 分钟车程，距离双流国际机场约30 分钟车程。正火艺术中心由户外草坪、专业音乐场馆、数个多功能场馆构成，适用于音乐、艺术、创意等多类文化展演活动。
Special thanks to: